"The Lord is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting and His faithfulness to all generations"

Psalm 100:5

Saturday, July 4, 2009

( This Photo is pretty old, but it shows the kids sporting their army attire)
Happy Fourth of July!


Our plans for today are to get some much needed work done around the house. Michael and Nathan just took off for home depot (hope they're open).

Fourth of July of-course always makes us think of our wonderful military. We are so blessed and privileged to have two faithful heroes in our family. Our nephew Mark is in the army as well as my little brother James. James is in New Mexico, newly married and loving it. Mark is also newly married and loving it I'm sure. It is our privilege to pray for them often. Nathan is particularly proud of his Uncle James. He tells everyone that James is his brother. I don't know why he has this fascination with this. He just thinks that is so "cool" to have an army man for a brother. It's funny because they look so much alike. Little Nathan is the spitting image of James when he was little. James was very sweet too just like Nathan. I have very early memories of "teaching" James. We would sit on the front porch while I taught him his ABC's and how to read and write. I hope I got it right:) I doubt I was old enough to know them myself. He listened though and was a very good student. Guess I was destined to be a teacher. Apparently it's in my blood. I do miss him. He's a great guy.


Proverbs 31 talks of a woman's children rising up and calling her blessed.
These are the moments I live for. Well, that's not all I live for, but I do love those moments.


Yesterday while driving in the car Anna-Marie was talking about something she really didn't need to be talking about. Not a bad word or anything like that. Just a topic a little girl need not be talking about. As she said it, I looked straight ahead and said a quick prayer seeking God's guidance in how to reply so that she would know this wasn't appropriate. Before I could turn to her, she said "Mommy, when I say that, it makes my tummy hurt". ~he he he~ ~ha ha ha~ I think to myself. God you are so good. Of course I explain to her that this is the convicting power of the Holy Spirit. I just didn't quite use those words. She is only six:)


This was a wonderful life lesson. I hope that when I go to say something I shouldn't or do something I shouldn't that the Holy Spirit would make my tummy hurt. I hope I recognize that hurt, and STOP. It is my hope, desire and prayer for myself and family that all we do be to the glory of God. Psalm 19:4 sums it up well
"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer."


Nathan is so much like his daddy. I love it!!!! He can be so serious, especially when it comes to the things of the Lord. It's black or white. (YES!!) So far so good, lets continue to pray this never changes. Last night at dinner Anna-Marie was yet again worried about the eternal security of our dog, Scooter. Will he go to heaven?her constant question, (the dog is no where near death) She just chooses to concern herself with these things. Nathan told her very matter-of-factly that dogs did not have souls and therefore could not repent of their sins and be saved, so NO they don't go to heaven. Honestly, this was a great answer. Not so great to the "grieving" Anna-Marie. Nathan shrugs his shoulders. In his mind (see I know his mind, because it is so much like Michael's) she'll get over it. You gotta appreciate a man like that. Just shoot it to me straight. Michael though is older and a little wiser he told her that if God wanted Scooter in heaven he would be there. This soothed her bleeding heart. Daddy saved the night and we continued our meal in peace. ~for at least another minute:)
And so in these moments it's as if my children are rising up and calling me "blessed". I am blessed beyong measusre to have children who love the Lord.

And this folks is the wonderful world of the Wingertsahn's

No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME TO THE
"WONDERFUL WORLD OF THE WINGERTSAHNS"