"The Lord is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting and His faithfulness to all generations"

Psalm 100:5

Saturday, August 8, 2009

GOOD IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH

On the way to school this week Nathan was thinking about his future and his desire to be in the army. He asked me what I thought his commander would be like. Anna-Marie said "I hope he will be a good person." I said "yes, I hope so to, we will pray that he will be a good person." Nathan says, "NO, Mama you need to pray that he will be a christian. "Wow" I said "buddy, you are exactly right. Anybody can be good, the best is to be a Christian."

Good is not good enough. Anyone can be good. Nathan understands that as Christians we are held to a higher standard of conduct and conviction. Not that we don't fail, because we do. But oh, when I do. Sweet Holy Spirit, bring conviction to my soul. Then Jesus help me to repent and change. Father, thank you for your never ending mercy.

I'm so thankful that my (almost eight year old) understands that good is not good enough. You must be born again.

1 comment:

  1. You are raising some fine young'uns.
    It makes my heart feel good.

    LOVE
    DAD

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME TO THE
"WONDERFUL WORLD OF THE WINGERTSAHNS"