"The Lord is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting and His faithfulness to all generations"

Psalm 100:5

Saturday, January 30, 2010

SICK DAYS

I can't remember a time when I have been so sick as this past week. I was pretty sick with a virus when I was pregnant with Anna-Marie, even went into labor. Obviously all ended well. But this week, my lands. The kids started us of f by both having strep throat and fevers for a few days. They bounce back the day after they start antibiotics, Anna-Marie was bouncing around that afternoon. ME ~ four days later and I am still lying in bed. I have strep and I think maybe the flu. To make matters better I was up this morning with a cold sore (bad too) all the way to the chin. I have two ulcers in my mouth and now I think I might have pink eye. I'm no Doctor but wasn't the antibiotics supposed to help? If you know Michael very well you know he is a germaphobic. He's done very well trying to help, but he keeps his distance. Finally today he kissed me on the cheek and gave me a big hug. Trying to take care of sick kids while sick is NOT fun. Michael did take the kids away for the day yesterday. I watched TV. The reality show about the family with like 19 kids. The Duggar's I think. Really sweet. I enjoyed watching how their family functions. Got some good ideas. I've been able to read my Bible more. I love the Old Testament stories. I read and reread the story of Moses leading the Israelites out of captivity. Such parallels to my personal life. With His Mighty Hand God Brought Me Out of My Own Personal Egypt. Egypt represents bondage. While God has saved me from the ultimate bondage of sin. Hell has no hold on me and I am Heaven bound. However, I allow myself to be held to different "bondage's" everyday by the sins I allow or by not even being aware but still I let them in because I'm not on guard. Oh my bondage list is pretty long when I pour them out before the Lord. But, just like that pillar of cloud by day and fire by night, Jesus is ALWAYS there for me. Leading and guiding in the right direction. Patiently waiting for me to simply look up to Him for daily direction and guidance. Praise God for the Bible.

In addition to the things I've learned this week, Apparently NyQuil is personality altering for me. Yeah! apparently just getting the kids away so I could rest is not the only reason Michael took them and stayed gone for the afternoon. I do feel kinda bad about that. However, I was really beginning to think that I had picked up and mastered some foreign language. Because the kids didn't seem to either hear or understand a thing I was saying. Thankfully we've gotten that all straightend out now and we are all speaking English around here. I do love them but some days we must all admit we love to see them go to bed. It's been a rough week. I can't remember ever in my life missing four consecutive days of work. I love my job. I miss my students so much. I have one of the most rewarding jobs in the world, aside from stay at home moms. (which I did for five years)!! I do have the joy of teaching my own son and look forward to being Anna-Marie's teacher next year. I'm blessed really really blessed, unbelievably blessed. Apparently Michael has a vision problem. He came to me earlier and told me how absolutely beautiful I was. I mean really I wouldn't post a picture of myself right now because it would probably scare someone and make small children cry. I've been in PJ's for days, no make-up, cold sore running down my chin, one eye is bigger then the other. Love is blind. I'm so glad. I love him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME TO THE
"WONDERFUL WORLD OF THE WINGERTSAHNS"